Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation Review

 photo IMG_7217k.jpg photo IMG_7203k_zpsc68a2236.jpg photo IMG_7207k_zps6f1879e2.jpg photo IMG_7188k_zpsb18a11a0.jpg photo IMG_7193k_zps61861e59.jpg

Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation Review

CLICK HERE to read how I discovered this foundation!
CLICK HERE to read how I discovered this foundation!

I was really amazed. This foundation literally hides everything. You could hide a zillion zits underneath this foundation and not one would be popping through. During the time I tried this foundation, I had a pimple and it completely covered it. My acne scars were totally covered too. I normally use a concealer to cover my acne scars and any blemishes, but with this foundation I didn't need to use a concealer. I had a sample of this foundation, and I usually apply my foundation with a stippling brush so I always dispense foundation onto the back of my hand. I tried pouring a small amount of this foundation onto the back of my hand but it wouldn't move, so I had to put some of the foundation onto the back of my hand. This foundation felt and looked like a concealer. And all I needed was a pea-sized amount to cover my entire face, and hide my acne scars and any blemishes. The foundation bottle comes with a pump and I read in many reviews that it dispenses the perfect amount of foundation needed to cover your entire face. I instantly fell in love with this foundation by how flawless my skin looked after application. I also love how this foundation matched my skin tone perfectly (I'm in the shade Medium 54). So I quickly rushed to Sephora and purchased the full size bottle of the Kat Von D Foundation. My plan was to finish the rest of the sample, and then start using the full sized bottle. However, as I kept wearing this foundation more and more, I grew tired of it. I didn't like the way it felt on my skin throughout the day. It felt heavy and cakey, and after about a few hours, I just wanted to remove all my make up. And the weirdest thing happened, my eye lids became swollen, red, and dry. Since I'm not a skincare or make up expert, I have no idea what caused this. Was it because of the cold weather, or was it because my skin grew tired of wearing this full coverage foundation everyday? I don't know. About two days later, my chin became super dry. It was so dry to a point where my skin was peeling. It was yucky and weird because I have extremely oily skin and this has never happened to me before. I had so many questions but no answers. Was this foundation drying out my skin during the cold weather? I don't know! All I knew was I'm never wearing this foundation again; I'm too afraid might skin might become dry and start peeling again. So I ended up returning it, but as I was there, I ran into the foundation that became my all time favorite foundation!

I usually end my reviews telling my readers what type of skin type I recommend this foundation for, but I honestly don't know. I'm not saying this foundation was the cause of drying out my skin. I just don't want anyone to experience what I experienced. All I can say is that the coverage of this foundation is absolutely amazing. I think this is a foundation for someone who is looking to cover many blemishes and those who go to events and have photo shoots on a daily basis because this foundation literally covers everything! I don't think it's a foundation for every day use though, unless you love full coverage foundations.

Foundation Details:
● $34 for 1.0 fl oz
● Medium 54 (Medium complexion with yellow beige undertone) is my shade
● Full Coverage Foundation


CLICK HERE to read about my favorite foundation! Read my Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation Review! c:
CLICK HERE to read about my favorite foundation! Read my Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation Review! c:
CLICK HERE to read about my favorite foundation! Read my Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation Review! c:



My BLOG  | Shop My Closet | My Fashion Youtube Channel | Strawberriespls Shop | Facebook Fan Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...