Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Journey to finding my perfect foundation || Interactive makeup reviews

I've been on the hunt for a perfect go-to foundation; an affordable foundation that was perfect for everyday use. Since I received a Sephora gift card from my parents during Christmas, I decided this was the perfect time to find to pick the perfect foundation right for my skin. I browsed all of the foundations on Sephora's website and three foundations caught my eye. I was attracted to Yves Saint Laurent LE TEINT TOUCHE ÉCLAT Illuminating Foundation SPF 19, Kat Von D's Lock-it Tattoo Foundation, and Make UP FOREVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation. My heart was mainly set on YSL's foundation since I read so many good reviews about the foundation. I was also interested in this foundation because it's currently Ingrid's (missglamorazzi) favorite foundation, and her skin is always glowing and flawless. We also have the same exact skin type and I have never come across someone with the same skin type as me. If you were wondering, I have sensitive, acne prone, oily skin with acne scars. Whenever I read a review about a make up or skincare product, I always make sure they have a similar skin type before I try it, because the one thing I hate the most about trying out new products is breaking out. And I know I wouldn't break out if I tried YSL's foundation. However, when I checked the Sephora website and went to the Sephora store, they didn't have my shade in stock. So about a week later, I ended up at the mall again and I decided to go to Sephora just to see if there were any other foundations I liked. One of the employees there was really helpful and kindly gave me two foundation samples, the Kat Von D Foundation and the Make up forever foundation. I was more excited to try the Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation just because I heard so many amazing things and the people who have tried this foundation, their skin looked flawless. The main things that I look for in a foundation is if it matches my skin tone, if it feels light on my skin and still provides a decent amount of coverage, and if it breaks me out or not. If it breaks me out, I'm automatically tossing that foundation. After I tried out both foundations for about a week, I honestly saw no problems with them. I didn't know which one would be my future go-to foundation, but there was something that drew me to the Kat Von D Foundation...


 photo Ribbetcollage_zps595ca01e.jpg
(Images from Sephora.com)

Which foundation did I choose? :OO

CLICK HERE to keep reading! Read my Kat Von D Foundation Review!
CLICK HERE to keep reading! Read my Kat Von D Foundation Review!


CLICK HERE to find out which foundation became my Go-to Foundation!
CLICK HERE to find out which foundation became my Go-to Foundation!



My BLOG  | Shop My Closet | My Fashion Youtube Channel | Strawberriespls Shop | Facebook Fan Page


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...